Oil City’s parent company is interested in expanding coverage of the community we love, which means we’re looking for a few noble folks to join our team! Your beat will include creating content with a special emphasis on features that shed light on the funny, interesting or unique people and businesses that make us Oil City proud. The successful applicant will have a dynamic personality, a deep-rooted love of Casper and the ability to tell stories using words and pictures.
Creating content that people love to read and share is the core of this position, so your social media game should be on point. Seasoned journalists, YouTube stars, Facebook power users and writers of all varieties are encouraged to apply. Additional qualifications include:
– You must be a Casper resident
– You must have a basic grasp of the English language and proper grammar
– You must be personally active on Facebook and at least one other digital platform
– You must be friendly and enthusiastic
– You must love Casper
– You must be a self-starter AND a team player
– You must have your own transportation
– You must be an active participant in our community
Professional education and/or experience in a communications or marketing field is helpful but not required. Pay will be based on education and experience, starting between 25-35k per year. Full and Part Time positions are available. Full time positions will also include a benefits package that includes health insurance, retirement, paid vacation and more. To apply, please send your resume and three writing samples to email@example.com. Bonus points if your written content samples are accompanied by photos, videos or other media that you have created.
All applications will remain strictly confidential.