Join a community who cares. The GEO Group is now hiring Substance Abuse Program Counselors at Casper Reentry Center in Casper, WY.
This position develops and implements comprehensive treatment plans for a caseload of residents. It assesses and identifies clinical issues for each resident and creates clear objectives and goals for them. It also tracks and documents resident progress in case reports while working to meet all required internal and external contract standards and policies. This counselor requires certification of CAP, LAT, CSW or LPC, or the ability to test for the credentials within six months of hire. You can apply now.
As a Substance Abuse Program Counselor, you will be counseling Resident Offenders, individually and in group sessions and assisting in overcoming substance dependencies, adjusting to life and making changes. You will be completing and maintaining accurate records and reports regarding the Resident Offenders’ histories and progress, services provided and other required information, as well as developing individualized client treatment plans based on research, clinical experience and client histories.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides case management and individual and group counseling for an assigned caseload of residents.
- Creates, updates and maintains case records on each assigned resident and a timely and thorough basis.
- Utilizes crisis intervention techniques as emergency situations arise.
- Utilizes conflict resolution strategies in resolving situations.
- Completes comprehensive assessment of clients’ substance abuse history and treatment requirements and develops individualized treatment plans. Documents all assessment and treatment planning
- Completes monthly behavioral evaluations for an assigned caseload of residents
- Prepares and leads case presentations to internal staff and contract agency staff
- Presents individual counseling/group lectures and didactic presentations weekly based on the areas of Relapse Prevention, Anger Management, Parenting Skills, Life Skills, Criminal & Addictive Behaviors, and Co-occurring disorders.
- Facilitates community meetings
- Develops aftercare treatment plans.
- High school diploma or equivalent and drug and alcohol treatment credentials from the state in which the position functions; or
- Bachelor’s degree in the social sciences; or
- Master’s degree in Counseling, Psychology, Social Work, Criminal Justice or Human Services is preferred.
- CAP, LAT, CSW or LPC certification is required, or the ability to test within six months of hire.
- Experience working with a corrections population is desired along with substance abuse treatment experience.
- Organized, and demonstrated strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Medical PPO With Prescription Drug Coverage
- Basic, Additional, Spousal And Dependent Life
- Short And Long Term Disability
- Health And Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(K) Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Whole Life Insurance
- Voluntary Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Critical Illness Insurance
- Legal And Identity Theft Protection Plans
- Employee Rewards And Recognition Programs
- Employee Discounts
The GEO Group is the world’s leading provider of evidence-based rehabilitation across a diversified spectrum of correctional and community reentry services. Text keyword “geojobs” to 51893 to join our talent network and get emails about jobs near you.